Club Spotlight : St. Vincent de Paul Club

+Abigail+Violett+%E2%80%9823+and+Gabrielle+Fielding+%E2%80%9823+bringing+the+CMSA+homeroom+gifts+to+the+storage+bin.%0A

Andrea Craig

Abigail Violett ‘23 and Gabrielle Fielding ‘23 bringing the CMSA homeroom gifts to the storage bin.

Andrea Craig, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again! December is one of the busiest months for St. Vincent de Paul Club (SVDP) as Santa Shop is in full swing! 

Months and months of planning go into Santa Shop each year, and this year was yet again, another success! SVDP is led by teacher moderators, Mrs. Demers and Deacon Joe McGinley as well as student officers Grace Gustafson, Kate Wagner, Bridget Sutula, and Mason Koloski.

Members of the St. Vincent de Paul Club had the opportunity to become a homeroom representative and give important announcements to their assigned homerooms. Each morning, SVDP members collected the toys from their homeroom buckets and brought them down to the Campus Ministry Center to be counted and labeled by SVDP volunteers. Following this, the homeroom representatives brought the toys to the big storage bin located in the faculty parking lot to be stored until the big day!

The anticipation for Santa Shop is so exciting and can be felt all around campus. Junior and senior members of SVDP have the opportunity to become a point person at Santa Shop and lead their peers in the different positions held during the event.

Look out for more SVDP opportunities because in the Spring, the Saint Vincent de Paul club hosts a Lenten Challenge where clothes are donated for teens. The Lenten Service Challenge gives back to the community during such a meaningful time in the church year. 

(Left to right) Officers Kate Wagner ‘24, Bridget Sutula ‘23, Grace Gustafson ‘23, & Mason Koloski ‘23 at Santa Shop.
(Andrea Craig)