The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Feehan’s First Heritage Week

Katelyn Messier

During the week of April 8th-12th, Bishop Feehan celebrated our first ever heritage week by kickstarting the festivities off with a Heritage TAG day on Monday. Students dressed in everything from colors of their flag to traditional garments to soccer jerseys in order to celebrate their culture. On the Tuesday of the week, Mia Almanzar ‘24, Christia Assi ‘24, Suubi Laurent ‘24, and Sarah Honoré ‘27 hosted a ‘Rock Talk where they discussed their heritage and informed the students about what their culture means to them. Suubi Laurent expressed what the ‘Rock Talk meant to her by stating “Heritage Week was the first time I could publicize my love for my countries in a space where I thought I couldn’t. Feehan created a safe space for us to represent our cultures in a positive and educative light.” All throughout the week, our cafeteria served different food from various cultures spanning from Mexican to Italian and everything in between. Additionally, homerooms were assigned countries and celebrated that country’s culture by incorporating their flag above their door. On Thursday during the last period of the day, Mr. Grant led our first multicultural food festival open to Feehan’s multicultural society, where students brought in their favorite foods from their heritage to share with the rest of the club. The week then ended with students of the multicultural society carrying out their culture’s flags at our spring rally to conclude our first ever Heritage Week celebration, which will hopefully continue as an annual Feehan tradition!