The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Bishop Feehan Stars at Ocean State Star Awards and Jimmy Awards

Since last year, Providence Performing Arts Center has hosted the Ocean State Star Awards, a regional musical theatre competition celebrating the talent of schools in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. This event honors high schools with excellent musicals, directing, singing, acting, dancing, behind the scenes, and much more. Last year, many students had the opportunity to participate in this amazing event. Callista DeFeo ‘23, one of these students, was invited to perform at the Jimmy Awards because of her outstanding performance as Penelope Pennywise in Urinetown the Musical. 

The Jimmy Awards, also known as the National High School Musical Theatre Awards, is a week in New York where remarkably talented students spend learning from Broadway professionals to put together a huge awards ceremony where they perform medleys at the Minskoff Theatre on Broadway. This event is extremely well known and loved in the theater community, where many of its participants go off to perform as a career, some even on Broadway. 

This year, Bishop Feehan received 37 nominations and 11 wins! 3 students from Bishop Feehan have won the Outstanding Lead Actor/Actress Award, recognizing their performance in this year’s musical, Shrek. Mirolla Boules ‘24 (Donkey), Arianna Simoneau ‘24 (Fiona), and Matthew Roslonek ‘26 (Lord Farquuad), are each going to perform at OSSA this June to be in consideration to represent OSSA at the Jimmy Awards. 

In addition to these achievements, Allie Burns ‘24, has been in consideration to be the Jimmy Awards Student Reporter. Allie has made it to the top 10 students who could be chosen. She would go to New York and interview participants, advertise the awards show on social media, and much more. Allie has made a video that is on the Jimmy Awards social media pages, explaining why she would be an amazing student reporter. In order to help Allie, everyone can go like, comment, and share her video on Instagram under the account @jimmyawards. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6tupf8ub5U/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The Ocean State Star Awards are certainly not something to miss out on, go support Feehan students on June 2nd at 7pm at PPAC!