The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Feehan Music Department Delights with ABBA Tribute Concert

A student-run performance led by Arianna Simoneau

Following the newly established tradition of last year’s hit tribute performance: Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon, Bishop Feehan’s incredibly talented music department took on performing another show this spring, and it was just as astonishing as the last. This spring, they played songs from the popular band ABBA.

This project was organized by graduating senior Arianna Simoneau. She shares, “Last year at the Pink Floyd Concert my best friend, Mirolla, and I were doing ticket sales and we mentioned how fun an ABBA concert would be and I just ran with the idea. I started working on it throughout the summer and we started rehearsing as a group in December. My favorite song was Winner Takes it All because I always loved the lyrics to the song and it felt so special performing that in front of a crowd.”

ABBA’s recognizable, upbeat, and loveable songs drew many Feehan students, faculty, and family to the music department’s show.  As well as being an incredible showcase of talent from the musicians, the ABBA show followed in Feehan’s tradition of serving the community by holding a diaper drive for a local women’s shelter. This year’s ABBA show was enjoyed by the performers as well as the attendees, and the Feehan community excitedly awaits the next performance of this new and loved Feehan tradition.