The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Feehan Attends 2024 Spring SEMASC

Mr. Walsh

Bishop Feehan’s Student Council attended a very eventful SEMASC conference during the school day on April 5 at Whitman-Hanson Regional High School. SEMASC, the Southeastern Massachusetts Association of Student Councils, holds three conferences each school year: one in the fall, one in the winter, and one in the spring. There is also a statewide MASC (Massachusetts Association of Student Councils) conference that was attended by four Feehan students. This was Feehan’s seventh SEMASC conference attended and its second full year attending conferences.Bishop Feehan’s very own Mirolla Boules (‘24) has served on the regional executive board as the Publicity Coordinator this year and was a key leader at all of the SEMASC conferences this year.

All SEMASC conferences have a very high energy level, as the students there are very enthusiastic about student council and leadership. Feehan students eagerly participated in “energizers”, consisting of fun dances and chants. This SEMASC conference also had elections for next year’s executive board. Two Bishop Feehan juniors ran for positions: Adrianna DaRosa ran for Vice President, while Avary Serpa ran for one of three Delegate positions. Adrianna and Avary gave great speeches to the entire conference before lunch, as did other candidates for executive board positions. Councils also awarded Unsung Hero awards to one of their members; Bishop Feehan’s recipient was senior Molly Sullivan.

While the quality of the food at lunch could have been better, Feehan students still had fun by participating in a loud “Party” chant-off with other students (and winning). After lunch, they attended fun workshops run by student council members to emphasize leadership skills, get to know others, and have a good time. Bishop Feehan had five groups of students lead workshops: Serena DaRosa (‘27) & Bridgette McGinnis (‘26); Adrianna DaRosa (‘25); Avary Serpa (‘25) & Gabby Graziano (‘27); and Owen Kobs (‘25) & Annie Mackinaw (‘26).

After the workshops, students came back together in the auditorium for the outgoing executive board’s goodbyes and the announcement of next year’s Executive Board. Adrianna DaRosa was elected Vice President of the SEMASC Executive Board for next year. This is an amazing achievement for her and Bishop Feehan’s student council, and it marks the second consecutive year Feehan will have a member on the regional executive board (following Mirolla).

Bishop Feehan will be hosting a SEMASC Conference of our own next year! We will host the Winter SEMASC Conference next January. We are excited to run a conference ourselves after having attended so many great ones and are eager to further expand our relatively new involvement in SEMASC.