The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Dear Lucky

Dear+Lucky
Molly Cronin

Dear Lucky,

Now that the holidays and midterms are behind us, I’m feeling really unmotivated to do my schoolwork. How can I stay on top of my grades during this stretch of the year?

Sincerely, Mid-Year Madness

———

Dear Mid-Year Madness,

I totally get this. After the exciting chaos that is the holiday season and our first few weeks back at school, it is super normal to hit a lull in February and March. The main thing I would say is don’t be too hard on yourself. Remember that the school year is a marathon not a sprint, and there are bound to be ups and downs throughout the year. If you’re looking for a way to get a little more excited about your schoolwork, try to have a fun something planned that you’re looking forward to. Whether that’s grabbing yourself a little treat after school, going to see a new movie on the weekend, or picking a themed outfit for an upcoming basketball game, having something fun on your schedule makes doing the not-so-fun homework a little more bearable. I’d also advise you to try to avoid procrastination. Now, I know this is easier said than done, as I tend to start leaving my schoolwork until the last minute at this time of year as well, but being more on top of your work can help you avoid that feeling of drowning when it comes to assignments. In the end, just remember that we’re getting ever-closer to sunshine and 70° days, and that this feeling of exhaustion will too soon pass.

With hopes of sunshine,

Lucky ☘️