The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Advice to Rising Seniors

Summer is the season that many of us students look forward to due to the warm weather and the ability to spend more time with our friends and family. But to me and my peers who are beginning our journey as seniors, it does also come with the stress of trying to prepare everything for our college applications. Things such as letters of recommendation and trying to make ourselves familiar with the Common App come with an abundance of stress so it is helpful to look to our passing seniors who finished the process and can give us many amazing tips!

I was able to sit down with one of my friends from the class of 2024: Alexandra Burns. Allie, who is going to attend Boston College this upcoming fall, was able to give me and I believe many of my peers great, insightful advice on how to tackle this process. When sitting down with her, she started talking about how to make the whole application experience easier one should start in the summer to make headway: “Start early with your whole process such as making sure that your essay is complete before the start of your senior year and the same can be said for your supplementals. Doing this makes it so much easier for yourself and your teachers who will have a heap of essays and applications that they will need to proofread!” Allie also mentioned that one of the things that made her able to keep track of all the deadlines was to make a spreadsheet that had all the dates that she needed to keep track of. This would help us impending seniors be more organized with our application process and not let us overlook any deadlines. I also wanted to know if she had any advice for the social aspect of senior year and how many of the forthcoming students should approach it with all the stress and anxiety that this year will bring.

Allie was able to tell me this, “Do not rush your last year, it goes by so fast! Get your work done so that you can spend time with your friends and cherish your last year together.” The last year of high school will be daunting for all of us but it will also come with new adventures and choices that will shape the rest of our lives. As the new leaders of Bishop Feehan High School, we need to not only be examples for underclassmen but also be examples to ourselves!

Rising seniors wishing to get a head start on the college process can also sign up for the summer program : Navigating the College Process (formally known as College Bootcamp)

https://www.bishopfeehan.com/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=3627636&type=d&pREC_ID=2410900