The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Feehan’s Got Talent 2024

Chestnut Hill Studios
Hosts Sophia Comey (‘24, left) and Jillian Conlon (‘24, right).

Feehan’s Got Talent, Bishop Feehan’s annual talent show, took place this year on February 2nd. With twelve different acts in total, the event showcased the many talents of Feehan’s students while also entertaining an audience of over 1,100 members of the Feehan community both in person and online (via Facebook live, recording available to watch here).

The first act was performed by duo Alexandra Llamas ‘24 and Mirolla Boules ‘24. Mirolla sang a beautiful cover of “Stay” by Rihanna, with Alex accompanying on the piano. The second performer was Sean Callaghan ‘24, who sang “Take Me Home, Country Roads” by John Denver while playing the guitar. Both the judges and the crowd were very impressed when he said he had only been playing the guitar for one month. The next performer was Julia Agustin ‘25, who played Paganini’s Caprice No. 24 on the flute. This extremely technical piece really allowed her talent to shine through.

The fourth performer was Anita Camp ‘27, who sang “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele. Her powerful vocals and strong stage presence made her very exciting to watch. Next, Alexander Bove ‘26 played ragtime music on the piano. He had very good rhythm throughout the performance and it was upbeat and fun to listen to. Then, AJ Javery ‘24 performed a medley of songs on the banjo. Mrs. Seals commented on the creativity of the piece, and on how AJ played multiple other instruments in addition to the banjo. The next performer was Max Certruse ‘25, who sang a cover of Bill Withers’ “Lean on Me” while playing the piano. His vocals were great, and you could really hear the emotion in the piano-playing.

Next, Joey DiGirolamo ‘25 did a solo on the electric guitar. The performance was extremely impressive and helped ramp-up the energy in the auditorium. Then, Arianna Simoneau ‘24 sang and played “She Used to Be Mine” from the musical “Waitress” on the piano. The singing was beautiful and the song showed off her wide range. The final act of the afternoon was performed by Andrew DeGuzman ‘24, John Listro ‘24, Adam Johnson ‘24, Liam Wistran ‘24, and Sam Martin ‘25, with an appearance by Peter Llamas ‘24. The group lip-synced and danced to the song “Umbrella” by Rihanna, and the crowd was entertained to say the least.

Feehan’s Got Talent typically has two winners: the judge’s choice and the school’s choice. The first was decided by the judges, Mrs. Seals, Mr. Grant, and Mrs. Strunin. This year’s winner of the judge’s choice award was Dillon Lightbody ‘24, with his cover of “New York State of Mind” by Billy Joel. Both the judges and the crowd loved his smooth voice and expressive performance. This year’s school choice, as voted for by the student body, was Ansley Palermo ‘27. She sang “Love in the Dark” by Adele while playing the piano and won the crowd over with her flawless vocals.

Last but not least, some recognition for the hosts of this year’s Feehan’s Got Talent: seniors Jillian Conlon ‘24 and Sophia Comey ‘24. Their hilarious opening video and entertaining bits made the show much more enjoyable as a whole.

Congratulations to all of the participants of Feehan’s Got Talent 2024!