The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Club Spotlight: Human Rights Club

Instagram: @humanrightsclub_bfhs

Instagram: @humanrightsclub_bfhs

The Human Rights Club is a club where like-minded Feehan students gather to discuss and participate in conversation concerning current world issues.  In the club, run by seniors Maeve Cronin and Jillian Conlon, the members constructively converse and gain different perspectives regarding important issues concerning topics such as women’s rights, educational rights, freedom of speech, healthcare rights, racism, rights to culture, and labor laws.  Meeting every Tuesday morning in room 100, the club discusses these topics and how they can take action and use their voices to advance their rights as individuals, a school community, and globally.  Along with these topics, the members enjoy donuts and compete in games of blooket about the topics as a fun way to learn. 

Part of their plan to take action, throughout the month of February, the Human Rights Club is collaborating with Respect Life Ministry in organizing a diaper drive.  Diapers of all sizes and baby wipes will be needed, so make sure to donate and stop by the club to learn more about how you can help and donate.  For anyone who seeks to learn more about human justice as well as local and global issues concerning human rights, the Human Rights Club is the perfect for you!

Maeve Cronin