The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Student Spotlight: Rohit De

Learn about the president of class of 2025, robotics member and proud competitor in the annual college bowl.

Rohit is a junior here at Feehan. He’s very involved with the school, is top of his class, and has participated in the college bowl, student council, robotics club, and more. He’s a student to look up to. Staff Writer, Larsen Cryan conducted a Q&A with the student leader.

1. Why did you want to be class president?
Rohit’s response: Rohit’s goal was to make the council make a difference in his community and the junior class. He didn’t expect to become student council president of the junior class. He enjoys the fun experience and will continue to run next year.

2. What are the stresses that come with the job?
Rohit’s response: He said that he and the other student council members feel most stressed about,  meeting deadlines for school-wide and grade-level events, like homecoming week. Homecoming Week requires a significant amount of planning and can be a very stressful part of the year, but Rohit enjoys planning those events.

3. What classes do you Take?
Rohit’s response: He is taking multiple AP classes including AP Calculus, Biology, US History, and Spanish. Due to this rigorous schedule, there has been more stress in his junior year than compared to his sophomore year. His favorite classes are Calculus and Spanish.

4. Advice for future freshmen?
Rohit’s response: Getting involved is a big part of Feehan. Whether it’s a club or a sport. There are multiple clubs to choose from. Like Rohit says “Joining a group that shares your common interest can help you find your place “. Developing good studying skills is important because your grades are important. Freshman and year grades determine what future classes could be. Try your best during your freshman year.

5. What clubs or activities do you participate in?
Rohit’s response: Rohit is a part of many clubs and activities. These activities are the Math Team, Robotics Team, and The ‘Rock Report, the school newspaper. He is also  co-captain of the Robotics Team. Lastly, he is a McAuley ambassador and part of the National Honor Society. He juggles all of this by managing his time well.