The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Dear Lucky

Dear+Lucky
Molly Cronin

Dear Lucky,

I’m a transfer student this year and I’m having struggles adjusting to the new rooms and hallways.

I find myself constantly opening my phone to find my schedule even after almost three months. Sometimes I find myself sitting alone at lunch because it’s been hard to make new friends.

What should I do?

Sincerely,

Troubled Transfer
——————————————
Dear Troubled Transfer,

I know exactly what you mean! I’m not a transfer student, but I have many friends who are.

I see your struggles and compare them to mine when I was a freshman. I remember the feeling of constantly pulling out my schedule and worrying about which room I was headed to, but everything got better a few months in.

Everyone will get lost at least once, don’t get disheartened!

About sitting alone at lunch, know you’re never alone. There are other kids like you who might be shy or haven’t met the right people yet!

Don’t be afraid to talk to new people and express yourself, anyone who judges you isn’t worth your time.

Something that could help is being involved at Feehan! If sports aren’t for you, staying after school for clubs is an excellent way to meet new people and make friends.

You’ll find your way around the school and put yourself out there, only time will tell!

Regards,

Lucky ☘️