The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Club Spotlight: the Great Feehan Bake-Off

Caroline Scott

Mary Berry once said: “Cooking and baking is both physical and mental therapy”. The foundation of The Great Feehan Bake-off was created based on these wise words. Established by Caroline Scott ‘26 and Trinity Welter ‘26, this club is perfect for those who enjoy baking and snacking on delectable treats.

Once a month on Monday’s in room 113, all are welcome to bring in food specifically catered to the theme of that month. During the meeting, participants enjoy food brought in from others and vote at the end for their personal favorite treat. The winner is announced by the end of the day and whoever wins receives the honor of picking the theme for the next meeting!

For the month of March, the winner was Madison Iwuc ‘26. The theme being “black and white”, Maddie made some highly regarded oreo truffles. Refer to the picture below to check it out! If you are interested in making these truffles yourself, Maddie provided this recipe (or by clicking here): https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/oreo-balls-recipe/.

When asked her thoughts about the club, Maddie said as follows:

I truly love The Great Feehan Bake-off club since I can try various new treats and recipes to make. I also enjoy tasting others baked goods as it allows me to try new foods. Through The Great Feehan Bake-off I can be creative with my baking while also having fun!

— Madison Iwuc ‘26

Join the Great Feehan Bake-off for their next meeting on April 8th, in room 113 at 7:10 AM. The theme is “spring themed treats”! The Google Classroom code is bmeaz4q or look for posters around campus.