The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Kelly

Ms. Kelly, Bishop Feehan Class of 2009, developed a passion for English at a young age. Throughout her life she has read a vast number of books and hopes to read 16 books in 2024! As a Bishop Feehan student, Ms. Kelly participated in yearbook, student council, SAAD, and was the school mascot at multiple events during the school year. One of her favorite memories was the year that Feehan won the Super Bowl! She enjoyed dressing up as Bishop Feehan’s Mascot, Lucky, at a number of athletic events, including every football game. Ms. Kelly loved how her teachers would go out of their way to support their students. Sr. Pat Harrington’s kindness and friendliness left an everlasting impact on Ms. Kelly. Overall, Ms. Kelly is extremely grateful for all of the friends and teachers that made her Feehan experience so memorable.

After Feehan, Ms. Kelly attended Assumption University where she studied English Writing and Mass Communications. During her time at Assumption, she studied abroad in Ireland and worked in the admissions office. Following college, Ms. Kelly worked as an admissions counselor at Elms College where she had the opportunity to work with high school students at college recruiting fairs. This experience motivated Ms. Kelly to get a masters degree in school counseling at Providence College.

Following this, Ms. Kelly worked as a guidance counselor at Ursuline Academy where she had the opportunity to work with middle and high school students, which inspired her to go into teaching. Ms. Kelly attended Bridgewater State University and obtained her teaching license. Not long after, she returned back to her alma mater, Bishop Feehan, as an English teacher.

There is no other place I could picture myself being

— Ms. Kelly ‘09

Ms. Kelly teaches American Literature, British Literature, and Composition and Literature. She is grateful for the people she works with and the supportive environment Feehan provides. She loves Feehan’s school pride and spirit and enjoys attending sporting events throughout the school year. Some of her favorite memories have been attending the ECHO retreats, chaperoning Prom, and having the opportunity to be a figure of change in her students’ lives. Additionally, last year, Ms. Kelly was the moderator of the Glamour Gals and Guys Club where students visited The Branches of North Attleboro and gave makeovers to the residents.

Ms. Kelly is the true embodiment of a dedicated Feehan community member. Her positivity and kindness have made an impact on many students’ lives!

Ms Kelly’s advice to students is:

Take any opportunity you get to try something new and try to make the most of everything because the four years goes by fast.

— Ms. Kelly ‘09