The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Winter Fashion Looks

As 2023 comes to a close, and subsequently another year of fashion trends, here’s a look at some winter pieces that will get you through this winter season.

2023 has been a big year for fashion trends. A heavy focus has been placed on new, refreshing styles and finding a style that matches the individual rather than the crowd. However, this winter, there have been some universal pieces that have stuck out to the masses. Whether it’s from a simple base color to a chunky knit sweater here’s what’s in this holiday season.

A classic, trendy nail showcased by Isabella. (@picturehouseee on Pinterest)

Starting off with winter’s new favorite color: red. Whether it’s a bright cherry red or a deeper cranberry red, red is certainly the color of the season. More and more jackets, handbags, and hats are being showcased as having a red tone to it. Many shoes have been bringing red back as a trend as well, finding a new way to integrate the color. As for nail colors, red is on everyone’s nails in order to show off their holiday cheer. Red has been a color making a strong comeback throughout the year and is not stopping with this winter season.

Next on winter’s favorites list is a chunky knit sweater. The resurgence of sweaters, especially chunky, loose sweaters, has been prevalent over the past year. Nothing is beating a cream, simplistic sweater this season. A notable variant in sweaters is off the shoulder sweaters. Though it may be cold, sweaters that are off the shoulder, or falling off of the shoulder are cute ways to show more skin this winter season. Chunky sweaters are adding to the cozy-chic vibe no one can seem to resist this season.

As for shoes that are on everyone’s must have this season, it’s knee high boots. A continuation from fall, knee high boots are a staple piece right now. Whether paired with a mini-skirt and tights or a denim maxi skirt, knee high boots bring elevation and drama to what once was a basic look. While black knee highs are a classic, there are certainly colors such as cream and red that are making their mark on boots. Whatever color boot is used in an outfit, knee-high boots are making statements and elevating looks.

Dior Sherpa Saddle Bag showcased by Dior. (Dior)

One last trend that is making its mark on fashion right now is sherpa. Whether it’s a jacket or a handbag, sherpa is on it. Sherpa jackets have enhanced the cozy-chic look of the season. Tan and sherpa have been closely related with one another on jackets and handbags. The Dior Saddle bag with sherpa has been bought by many and is a new winter favorite of the classic bag. Sherpa can be seen on shoes too, of course with UGGs, the mini ugg boot being another essential to this year.

View Comments (1)