The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Rock Talks: Lieutenant General Braga ‘87

Gina Simoneau

Jonathan P. Braga is an esteemed alum of Bishop Feehan High School. General Braga graduated in 1987 and attended West Point Military Academy after graduation. 37 years later General Braga came back to Feehan and shared his amazing story of his career and achievements, including how he became a Lieutenant serving the country. Making a grand entrance, Braga and his team arrived at Bishop Feehan’s campus on a helicopter. Students were shocked and amazed by this impressive display.

Braga spoke to the student body about hope and the importance of striving for the a career that interests you and challenges you. Choosing a career that will challenge you allows you to think of the greater meaning behind why you wake up in the morning. We must use our special talents to improve the world around us. Although Braga did not tell us his whole backstory about going into the military for confidential reasons, he shared that with a certain mindset anyone is capable of doing what they are passionate about.