The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Teacher Spotlight : Mr. Fasy

Mr.+Fasy
Chestnut Hill Studios
Mr. Fasy

Mr. James Fasy, who is in his 11th year teaching here at Feehan, has always had a passion for theology and education, which is why he credits his transition from business to teaching as being “the best career decision of [his] life.” Mr. Fasy earned his bachelor’s degree in Classics from the College of the Holy Cross, where he thrived within his major and even worked for the Classics department chair during his junior and senior years. After graduating college, Mr. Fasy started out his career in education by teaching Latin and Ancient History at Belmont Hill High School for two years, where he also coached three sports for the school. Following his early career in teaching, Mr. Fasy delved into the business world at Charles Schwab and soon climbed the ranks as he ultimately earned the experience of running an office for them. Later on, he went into a private practice as Director of Investments at a firm outside of Newport, Rhode Island. 

Alongside classics, Mr. Fasy pursued a degree in Theology from Weston Jesuit School of Theology (now merged into Boston College) and he reports that his time there was “a life-changing experience.” With his new degree, he picked up teaching as an adjunct professor at Roger Williams University for business ethics. Although deep into his career in business, the more he taught, the more Mr. Fasy felt a strong calling towards full-time teaching. 

With the support and encouragement from his wife, Mr. Fasy decided to visit Feehan, where he sat in on one of Deacon Joe’s theology classes and a cafeteria study hall. He recalls feeling a sense of relatability in Deacon Joe, as well as being blown away by the students and faculty here, which made him recognize Feehan as a special place that he wanted to be a part of. Mr. Fasy believes that the hand of God helped him in attaining his path here. When asked about his experience at Feehan, Mr. Fasy replied,

This community has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. There is no question that it has been the best career decision I have ever made. To be able to experience the joy of praying with students and colleagues, sharing your love for God, and dedicating your life’s work to helping people grow spiritually, morally, and intellectually is an incredible gift and responsibility.

— Mr. Fasy

And Mr. Fasy does just what he loves to do; he uplifts his students and helps them grow into the people they are meant to be, and he is a blessing to have as a teacher for all his students!