The Student News Site of Bishop Feehan High School

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

The Rock Report

Class of 2027: Freshmen Retreat

Learn about the annual freshmen retreat and how the newly formed class of 2027 bonded through a whole day’s worth of activities run by Campus Ministry.
Mrs. Demers

Years ago Roman Catholic schools opened their doors to all religions. Even if a student doesn’t have Catholic beliefs they are still taught the religion at Bishop Feehan High. With that faith, must come aspects of our school dedicated directly to Catholic theology right? Well yes, at Feehan, we do take pride in our religion and the ability we have to educate each student who walks our halls. Along with this educating of our students, we as a school, host retreats in attempts to draw each student out of their daily routines and stress to strengthen and remind them of their faith and connection to God. Feehan’s religious administration carefully discerns the needs of the incoming freshman class. As our school is only a high school, not everyone has necessarily come from a religious backgrounds. In fact, there are a variety of religions within the student population. So does the freshman retreat cater to those religions?

I do, I believe that the mass was well adjusted to everyone. The singing can really bring anyone and everyone together.

— Phelan Duffy (‘27 - VP of the class of 2027)

This year’s retreat differed from the years before. When in years before students would attend La Salette, this year’s class stayed on campus being led by the senior leaders. The day ran smoothly with ice breakers, prayer, and what I believe was the most beneficial part of the entire day was the “teaching mass”, a great way to end the day.

I think that the teaching mass was performed very nicely. Campus ministry and our student volunteers did a great job of making this particular mass a “learning experience“ for everyone”

— Susannah Butler (‘27 - Freshman Class Officer)

Each freshman may have a different opinion on this particular event, but it seems that the majority of this year’s incoming class seems to have enjoyed the day.