Top 10 Rom-Coms to Watch this Month

Diseñadores publicitarios

Valentine’s Day, directed by Garry Marshall: the ultimate romantic comedy to watch this Valentine’s season.

Maeve Cronin, Staff Writer

The best way to celebrate this Valentine’s Day Season is to watch a good romantic comedy. Whether you enjoy a modern, a classic, or a rom-com with supernatural elements, here is a list of romantic comedies that are worth a watch:

1. Valentine’s Day
This movie is a must-watch for this time of year. With its perfect theme for the season and its talent-packed cast of actors and actresses like Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner, Julia Roberts, Patrick Dempsey, Taylor Swift, and Bradley Cooper, it is such an entertaining movie-watching experience. With multiple plotlines for characters that connect to each other, this rom-com will keep you on your toes and make you feel festive for the Valentine’s season.

2. 10 Things I Hate About You
This late ‘90s movie has everything you need in a rom-com: high school drama, a feminist icon, and Heath Ledger. 10 Things I Hate About You is definitely a fan-favorite, especially among teenagers. So, if you haven’t seen it, it is definitely worth a watch!

3. When Harry Met Sally
If you’re looking for a more classic, old-school romance, definitely watch When Harry Met Sally. Starring the brilliant rom-com queen Meg Ryan and her co-star Billy Crystal, this movie is one of the greatest “friends-to-lovers” romantic comedies. This movie is timeless, and is the movie to watch if you’re looking for a heart-warming film.

4. You’ve Got Mail
Another Meg Ryan classic, You’ve Got Mail is a unique romantic comedy in which
competing business owners are talking to each other on an online platform, unbeknownst to them that the other person is their rival. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan’s chemistry in this movie makes for an interesting plot and a great film.

5. Notting Hill
Another throwback rom-com, Notting Hill’s English setting and Julia Roberts’
character’s troubles in her life of fame create a captivating plot. The romance between Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts in this movie makes for a perfect Valentine’s rom-com.

6. Set It Up
If you would prefer to watch a more modern romantic comedy, Set It Up is one of the few rom-coms made recently that is well-produced and executed. Glen Powell and Zoey Deutch star in this funny and lighthearted comedy that will be sure to keep you interested during the entire movie.

7. Twilight
I know what you’re thinking: “Does Twilight even count as a romantic comedy?” In my opinion, the answer is yes; this movie is truly comedic, even at times when it is not intended to be. If you’re looking for a movie that is somewhat ridiculous, yet always entertaining with a plethora of supernatural characters, you will absolutely love the Twilight movie and saga.

8. Clueless
This rom-com, filled with iconic characters and lines, such as “Ugh, as if!” and “Oh my God, I’m totally buggin’”, is a perfect throwback to watch during the Valentine’s season. Plus, with cast members like Paul Rudd and Britanny Murphy, you can’t go wrong watching this classic.

9. 13 Going on 30
Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo’s friendship in childhood and their reconnection to each other in their 30’s proves to make a captivating and entertaining rom-com filled with nostalgia. This 2000s movie is perfect for the Valentine’s season!

10. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
My personal favorite, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days tells the story of two people aspiring to advance in their respective careers that use each other for their own career advancements. Watching the amazing Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey slowly go from using each other as pawns in their own game of personal interest to falling in love makes for the perfect rom-com all in one movie.