MIAA Fall Sports Tournament

Bishop Feehan Women’s Soccer Team warming up before their game against Natick High School.

Abigail Violett, Staff Writer/Sports Editor

The 2022 fall sports season just wrapped up as all teams competed in the MIAA State Tournament.

The tournament opened with Women’s Volleyball playing Natick High School in the first round. After five very competitive and close sets, Bishop Feehan lost the fifth set by four points.

Women’s Field Hockey faced North Andover High School in the first round of the tournament and emerged victorious with a final score of 4-0. Field Hockey then moved on to the second round of tournament play where they fell 3-4 to King Philip High School in an intense overtime.

Men’s Soccer faced Leominster High School away in the first round and took a tough loss after a competitive game, 1-2.

Football emerged victorious in the first round match against top-ranked Peabody, 49-28. Moving onto the second round, the Shamrocks once again had a big win, beating Reading Memorial 48-6. In the Final Four round, Football ultimately fell short of moving on against King Philip High School with a final score of 10-17.

Women’s Soccer beat Waltham High School in the first round 3-0. The Shamrocks then proceeded to beat Hopkinton High School 2-0 in the second round and defeat Natick High School, 2-1 in the Round of 8. Unfortunately, Women’s Soccer fell to Hingham High School in an intense semi-finals game that was decided by penalty kicks. The final score was 1-2.

Feehan Cross Country was very successful with both the Men and Womens teams initially qualifying for the All State Championships. The Men’s team finished sixth and the Women finished seventh in the qualifiers. In the All State Championship, the men’s team placed twentieth and the women’s team placed twenty-first.

Congratulations to all fall sports teams on their success in season! A special thank you to Feehan Fanatics for cheering on all of the teams!

Photo Credit: Bishop Feehan Athletics Twitter ( @FeehanAthletics)